Sunday, March 23, 2014

Fresh Herb

The best flavor comes from herbs which are harvested directly from the garden and immediately added to your recipe.  I have been experimenting with herbs for the last several years and have had consistent success with many.  My garden this year includes sweet basil, Thai basil, Italian and Greek oregano, chives, cilantro/coriander, lemon thyme and silver thyme, plus fennel and dill.  They aren't all planted out yet but here's the start. 
I decided to skip the lavender this year.  I don't like the flavor much and it is a tough plant to nurture in such a small space. If you want to plant lavender, I think the Spanish lavender holds up well.

I am going to stagger planting my cilantro this year to make sure I have an even supply of tender leaves.

The Grill master has planted green beans and tomatoes this spring.  He also planted peppers, both hot and sweet.  We are trying cantaloupes and cucumbers. We may not have enough sun.  Okra is on  hold for another week or so as they don't do anything until the weather is miserable hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment