Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Salmon Burgers with Lemon Caper Mayo


Younger daughter here! Tonight Wisehubby and I made this recipe with just a few tweaks to ingredients, and it was a big 'ole hit in our house.

I used 1 tbsp. of lemon juice from a bottle and 1 tsp. of lemon peel out of a can because I didn't buy a lemon on accident. Plus, grating your own lemon peel? Ain't nobody got time for that!

I used two 7 oz. individually frozen salmon fillets because that's what I had. I just had to defrost those puppies.

I used Italian bread crumbs because that is what I had and I was too lazy to toast up some wheat bread and food process it.

I ended up using salt and pepper on the outside of the burgers because I forgot to mix the salt in the salmon to begin with.

I accidently used too much Italian bread crumbs in the patties because I didn't catch that you put half in the blend and half on the outside. It was ok. I just sprinkled a little on the outside before we grilled it.

We grilled on some foil because I had a suspicion that the patties might fall apart. They didn't, but rest assured, had we not used foil they would have.

Finally, we used one white bread bun and two slices of sourdough instead of wheat buns. Again, it was a situation driven by what was available and defrosted.


No comments:

Post a Comment